Thursday, October 30, 2014

Have you ever been to the Ace of Spades HQ blog?

Have you ever been to the Ace of Spades HQ blog? You probably have. It's won the best conservative blog at CPAC for the past 39 years or so.  Earlier this year, Ace started to do a podcast, and has had some really sweet guests on.  We wrote this song as potential theme for the podcast; just something thrown together over a few weekends.  At the time, Ace was using Godzilla's adversary King Ghidorah as his Twitter avi (@AceofSpadesHQ), so I developed a video theme around that.

I'm an Ace fanboi.

Why is that?  Well, simply, Ace is not a social conservative, nor am I. I had been personally exasperated by the Left's monolithic characterization of the Right as religious, anti-science conservatives--and they were exceptionally effective at making the GOP seem overly Christian and fringe.  That tactic worked so well, that when the Tea Party spontaneously arose, the Left instantly tried to paint them exactly as they had the Religious Right, and it's worked, unfortunately, even though the Tea Party base are Constitutional Originalists first and foremost.  I'm Tea Party, a Libertarian, and a Constitutional Originalist.  To me, religion is personal, it's not to be something to be used to created political planks. The Left knows overbearing religion turns voters off to the GOP, so they play it to the max.  Think Todd Akin.

Like Ace, I am a non-militant atheist/agnostic who values religious freedom as much as breathing oxygen.  I joined the military to defend our Constitution and vowed to give my life to protect the rights it guarantees to religious freedom (and all its freedoms), and I'm happy to celebrate the love of God Christians have, and believe Christianity is a wonderfully powerful force in our country's founding.  Militant atheists piss me off, and if you follow me on Twitter, you'll see I have NO patience for their anti-Constitutional jihad on Christians (although I am amused with their confusion about Islam versus militant Islamism).

And by the way, the Ace of Spades HQ blog is not just Ace--there are a dozen or so exceptionally talented co-bloggers who assist him, and hundreds of Morons and Moronette commentors participating. It's a fun community of co-minded patriots. I read it every day.

I found a political home when I found the Ace of Spades blog, and this is our Peter S. Dee and the Inhuman $hields tribute to it.  This video is fast paced and has lots of hidden messages. I expect you to hit pause often. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment