Thursday, June 4, 2015

Peter S. Dee and the Inhuman $hields Release "Burning Bridges 2015" on Bandcamp!

                                        

Burning Bridges

Song Copyright 2015© by Peetey S. Dee and the Inhuman $hields from the unreleased "The IEDs of March" EP
Original Lyrics © 1971 by Mike Curb Congregation (Lalo Schifrin and Mike Curb); http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Curb

I was just a dumb kid when I went off to war.
Handsome, young, and brave
I just kept goin' back for more.
When I finally came back home
things weren't right with me,
I alienated friends and family.

All the burning bridges that have fallen after me
All the lonely feelings and the burning memories.
Everyone I left behind each time I fought the war,
Burning bridges lost forevermore.

Dad stopped by one dark day said son can I talk to you?
Now's not a good time dad, cuz I'm really not in the mood.
Friends and kin quit coming round, cuz they're a bunch of queers.
Now my friends are empty cans of beers.

All the burning bridges that have fallen after me
All the lonely feelings and the burning IEDs.
Everyone I left behind each time I closed the door,
Suicide's the question evermore.

Brother tried to help me find a job a while ago.
When I finally got it I didn't want to go.
The party Momma gave for me--well, I just walked away.
Now there's nothing left for me to say.

All the burning bridges that have fallen after me
All the lonely feelings and the PTSD.
Everyone I left behind each time I closed the door,
Burning bridges lost forevermore.

Years have passed and I keep thinking "what a tool I've been."
I look back into the past and think of way back then
I know that I lost everything that I thought I could win
I guess I should have listened to my kin.

All the burning bridges that have fallen after me
All the lonely feelings and the burning bodies
Everyone I left behind each time I fought the war
Suicide's the answer evermore...
Suicide's the end for evermore....

_________________________________________________

Here's an original version (there were two), which was popularized as the theme from Kelly's Heroes.















No comments:

Post a Comment